I went on the most amazing hike this weekend…up the Grossen Mythen. When you first drive up to this mountain, you think there is no possible way there is even a trail up…but there is…and a restaurant at the summit. There are even tables at this restaurant which are reserved for people who climb up at least 100 times per year. It’s amazing to me anyone would have time for that but it would be a great accomplishment.
Most of my close friends were out of town on their own separate trips; so Laura, new au pair from
I was extremely proud of my performance on this hike. It was the first time I’ve gone bottom to top and back down without using any kind of transport. Other times I’ve ridden on a train, tram, or cable car in some direction at some point. It was completely rewarding for me to complete it using only physical exertion this time! Although, I did get a rough looking sunburn from being out too long (I did use some sun cream but not enough, apparently!), I have no major aches or stiffness like you’d expect the day after a hike. It must sound strange, but I almost wish I had the aches. That’s my reminder of the accomplishment which carries on for days afterward.
I guess that’s about all the info I have for now. I’m heading out tomorrow night with some friends to see the new Harry Potter movie! I’m completely stoked to watch it, although I’ve heard mixed reviews. I’ve added the pictures from the hike on my photos link to the left of the blog. They are labeled ‘Mythen’, so check those out if you’re interested!
Ciao for now!
LuLu

No comments:
Post a Comment