I have been back one day now from my trip to Sarajevo. The city is truly heartbreaking. To me, it’s the kind of place you go to and have to ask…what happened here?!?! Only the thing is we know what happened there…a war happened. I found the architecture to be very interesting, the history to be disturbing (and heartbreaking), and the people of Sarajevo were completely delightful. From the moment I stepped off the plane I could feel the warmth of the people in this city.

I did not see all that many touristy things but I spent some much needed quality time with my friends BP and Jase. At one point I heard BP says, “this is it…I’m being fed…” That’s what I felt as well. I really just needed to see them. I was being fed…my heart and my spirit!

Jase, acting like a crazy person no doubt, got his leg stuck in the door of the tram as we made our way across town one day.
You can see that BP wasn’t at all impressed with his antics.
I was quite amused by the whole thing actually!Sarajevo is a very interesting place. I’ve never visited a predominately Muslim city. I’ve never heard the call to prayer or seen a mosque on every street corner. This city is in great need of something. You can see it in their faces as they walk down the street. These people are searching for something.
The group from my church in Gainesville arrived the day after I did. I had a marvelous time with all of them and it was an added bonus that I got to see that many more friends during this journey. Please keep them in your prayers that they will leave feeling they have accomplished the task they set out to do…bringing the lost of Sarajevo to the light and saving knowledge of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Amazing things were already happening for them and the team in Sarajevo in the short amount of time I spent there. My heart goes out to the people there and I hope to visit again soon.
I’ve attached several pictures for your viewing enjoyment. Specifically click on the pic of BP and myself to see our new looks.
Much love to you all!!
LuLu

No comments:
Post a Comment