The rantings of an American girl living abroad in Switzerland...

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Another small step…

I wanted to share with all of you something I did on Friday of last week. At the time it seemed a very small thing to do but as I thought about it more it dawned on me what had just taken place. I signed the paperwork on Friday to ask the government of Switzerland for another year extension on my time here. I’ve just recently passed the 7 month anniversary of my coming to this country and I find more and more every day how much I love it here (tune in to the next post for more on this…). I’ve been talking about this along and along with the family and it just seems a natural thing that I will stay another year but last week made it official that I really want this to happen. After we get the answer from the authorities then I will begin the process of getting a Swiss driving license and everything that goes with being a foreigner here for more than a year. It seems such a minor thing to sign a piece of paper, and although it’s not yet my contract with the family, it is a major step towards the next year of my life!

I know this is a short post but I wanted to share and let all my friends and family know what’s happening here with me. I do miss all you people at home terribly but this is too good of an opportunity to pass up! I’m excited now to see my mom and aunt in the early parts of June and then I’ll begin to look toward coming home for a brief visit, most probably near the holiday season.

Love you all!!

LuLu

No comments: