The rantings of an American girl living abroad in Switzerland...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Regensberg Walk…

On Sunday afternoon after church Manda, Megz, and I took a little walk (I thought it was a hike but I’ve been informed that a hike is much more strenuous…yeah…tell that to my muscles yesterday and today!) to the peak of the Regensberg.

The translation from German to English for the word berg is mountain. However, I’ve been told that this is not, in fact, a mountain and people laugh when you call it such! It does have a very nice history though dating back to medieval times and there is a castle on the top which, sadly, we did not explore but will do so at a later date.

The beginning (and ending for that matter) of this walk is very easy to get to from Zurich so it didn’t take much time for us to be on our way to the top. It was a truly lovely day, warm but not too warm…sunny but not so much so that it was unbearable! Unfortunately the view from the top was a bit hazy, as you can see from the picture, but we will be able to go up again soon and hopefully then we will have a clear view of the unfolding picture of the Alps from the peak.

As some of you already know, my mom and aunt will be coming over in a little over a month to visit me and see some other sights in Europe. I plan to take them on this walk as well and let them see the beauty that surrounds me every day as I live in this country.

I guess that’s just about all the good info I have at the moment but we did participate in a very traditional Zurich event last night which I will write about soon and hopefully have good pictures to share as well…

I hope this post finds all of you well…

LuLu

No comments: