Switzerland’s Labor Day was this past Tuesday (May 1st-also May Day holiday in a lot of countries). I’m told that there are usually come rowdy people who some into Zurich and cause trouble (riots even…turning over cars and stuff like that). I’m told that they used to protest for workers rights on Labor Day but now it’s more young people looking for trouble. Well you know me…if there’s trouble I want to see it…I hardly ever want to participate but watching can be interesting! I was soooo excited about possibly seeing a riot; however, I ended up not even going into the city on that day.

On Monday night a friend of ours had a BBQ so we went and met some very nice Swiss girls. I learned that night that the next day holiday was only for the Canton of Zurich (I guess you could say it’s like the Swiss equivalent of a State). All the neighboring cantons had to work…hehe….

That evening I stayed with Megz at her new house on Lake Zurich. The house is still being renovated and personally I don’t think I’d have moved back in that quickly, but to each his own. The day was quite warm on Tuesday so we were able to put our feet in the water. I still don’t know about the idea of swimming in a lake. Although, if I’m going to do it anywhere it will be in Lake Zurich- the water is drinking quality and very clear!!

At around 11am Megz’s boss came in and said they were taking the boat to Rapperswil (at the other end of the lake) for lunch, as it’s in another canton, and invited us to come along. When I heard boat I thought ferry…no, no…they meant their boat. Before you could blink an eye (at least that’s the way it seemed) we were speeding up Lake Zurich toward our final destination. Now, it must be said that I can never remember riding in a boat like this before…I’m having a lot of first time stuff this year!!

Megz and I decided to make it an early day because we did have to work on Wednesday. I’ve included some pictures…hope you guys enjoy. I’m going to post one more thing and then I think I’m all caught up on the past due posts…Yay!!
LuLu
On Monday night a friend of ours had a BBQ so we went and met some very nice Swiss girls. I learned that night that the next day holiday was only for the Canton of Zurich (I guess you could say it’s like the Swiss equivalent of a State). All the neighboring cantons had to work…hehe….
That evening I stayed with Megz at her new house on Lake Zurich. The house is still being renovated and personally I don’t think I’d have moved back in that quickly, but to each his own. The day was quite warm on Tuesday so we were able to put our feet in the water. I still don’t know about the idea of swimming in a lake. Although, if I’m going to do it anywhere it will be in Lake Zurich- the water is drinking quality and very clear!!
At around 11am Megz’s boss came in and said they were taking the boat to Rapperswil (at the other end of the lake) for lunch, as it’s in another canton, and invited us to come along. When I heard boat I thought ferry…no, no…they meant their boat. Before you could blink an eye (at least that’s the way it seemed) we were speeding up Lake Zurich toward our final destination. Now, it must be said that I can never remember riding in a boat like this before…I’m having a lot of first time stuff this year!!
Megz and I decided to make it an early day because we did have to work on Wednesday. I’ve included some pictures…hope you guys enjoy. I’m going to post one more thing and then I think I’m all caught up on the past due posts…Yay!!
LuLu

1 comment:
I wouldn't have moved into that hovel either....
Oh my God!! I did!!!
Thats me living beneath the plaster and unfinished floors. Well you would at least be happy for me that I got a toilet. No sink yet but I have a toilet!! Hahahaha I am going crazy but Mr Cute Construction worker is still here so I am happpy!
Post a Comment