The rantings of an American girl living abroad in Switzerland...

Friday, March 25, 2011

A solo trip to CH....

Hello all...it's been a while since last I wrote....

For months now I have been plotting my next trip to Zurich. Finances and life situations as they are, I only just booked the trip about 3 weeks back. This morning I arrived safe and sound and was greeted as though I'd never left. It's such a nice feeling to know there is a place I can go and it feels so much like home to me and I'm always welcome!

I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about this trip...though I'm not entirely sure why! I guess it is because this time I'm here all my own and for a more significant amount of time than before. I guess I was also afraid that too much time has passed since the last visit and that things would be greatly different. I also need to make some plans for entertaining myself a bit (day trips and such...) which because of the rush of the last 3 weeks I've not even begun to think about....but now here I am and so I must. It's horrible, right, to have to think about what to do on vacation?! I'm sure you all feel the upmost sympathy for me, right?!

So on that note, I'm going to go sit out on the terrace on this lovely sunny day and read a book and figure out my next plan of action....after that I think I fancy a nice long walk!

I'll leave you with one last image....as we made our descent into Zurich...I saw the mountains and we were approaching them quite close, I thought. I've never arrived in Zurich, at least I don't remember it anyway, from that angle. As I looked out at the snow covered Alps I began to notice that I was recognizing a few peaks and flashing back to wonderful memories I had there with friends and my host family....Grosse Mythen, Rigi, and even Pilatus (the mountain I aspired to summit and to date still haven't)...and that's when it hit me that things might change but the most important things stay the same...my memories. And there are so many more to be had here....

I hope you'll hear from me a great deal on this trip. I'll be in Switzerland until April 11th with a few day in Prague with Sara!

Signing off for now....

LuLu

No comments: