The rantings of an American girl living abroad in Switzerland...

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Singles Awareness Day!!

Yes, I find it hard to say happy Valentines Day when it is a completely commercialized and dumb holiday! Maybe, possibly, I’m just bitter that I don’t have anyone to spend the day with and consider “my valentine”. Valentines Day can be so special when you are with someone you love. I’ve been there and I realize that it can work that way or…it can manage to make you feel awful when everyone around you gets flowers and candies and nice dinners with that special someone. In the past I’ve been both of those people…the happy, floating on cloud 9 person or the I feel like I’ll throw something if another box of roses is delivered to the office person. This year however was quite different. It is true that I am not attached in any way to any man at this moment in time but Valentines Day came and went without much of a fuss this year. I was away from most civilized life on ski holiday with the family (just got back tonight) and it was nice to not be surrounded by all the hype…but just to be. It’s funny how the things we surround ourselves with change our feelings or perspectives on certain things that would have most likely not been the case otherwise.

Ok…well, I can’t say that I don’t have a special valentine this year…sure this person might not be my “special someone” but he did ask and though I haven’t told him I will accept him as My Valentine. So…friend formerly known as…HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! (And you better not be on a date tonight with some other girl just because I’m not in the country!!!)

Ok…signing off for now!!

LuLu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh so you were my valentine? good to know.