The rantings of an American girl living abroad in Switzerland...

Sunday, February 25, 2007

My Newest Goal…Olympic Gold!!


Well, I think I’m a bit too old to be competing in the Olympics; however, I guess I can’t deny that the talent is there when I go ice skating! Yesterday the family and I went out to the local ice skating rink for a few hours. I haven’t skated in at least 12-15 years so you can imagine that I was fairly nervous to begin with. It took me about 45 min to really warm up to it all and in no time I was not clinging to the wall anymore. I can skate successfully in one direction (counterclockwise) and I can’t stop unless I run into something or fall…but I’m proud that I could even stand up on them so that’s good. It seems in this country that a lot of people have athletic hobbies (swimming, hiking, etc.) but I really have none. As of yesterday, I’ve decided to try and find a pair of good skates and learn to ice skate well. There were little girls that were 1/4 my age yesterday doing circles around me and skating backwards, doing jumps, etc. I don’t think I’ll be that good but we’ll see. Ok, I’ve added some pictures for you enjoyment.



I am leaving tonight (or should I say tomorrow) at 2AM for Basel. My friends and I are going to Fasnacht which is basically like Carnival. There will be music, people dressed in costumes, and lots of interesting things to see. I’ll let you know how it was when I return. It should be an interesting day and I’m sure to be extremely tired by the end of it all.



Ok…I’m heading out for now…talk to you all again soon!!

LuLu

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at Carnival!!! I will be putting the second coat of paint on our living room...I am painting it red!!!!

LuLu said...

Red...wow...bold color for a Swinehart house!! You'll have to take a pic and let me see how it looks when you're finished...

Fasnacht was just ok really...I'll be adding the stuff tonight if possible!!