The rantings of an American girl living abroad in Switzerland...

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Spain was a surprise for me!

I have to say that I agreed upon Spain with some apprehension. BP studied there in college and has a profound love for this country and all its culture. She and I have discussed various trips to Europe in the past and Spain has always come up. I have to admit that I’ve tried my best to thwart any plans to vacation there. Looking back I can’t for the life of me figure out why. I think in my mind I made the idea of the country a direct threat to my love for Italy…and now that I’ve been I can say I have a great love for Spain as well, at least definitely Barcelona. Now, it can in no way replace my number one favorite place in all the world, Venice, but it has jumped above all other cities save that one. Barcelona was a wonderful experience. The colors…the culture…the art…the architecture! I loved every bit of this city. The food was excellent and the people were so friendly and inviting. I am already looking at my options on going back for more!


I don’t know what more to say about this. It would be a really long post for me to talk about each site individually. La Sagrada Familia-said to be the most visited construction site in the world this cathedral has been under constructions for over 100 years, the Gaudi creations around the city, La Rambla-the street beyond imagination…I guess the only thing I didn’t care for that much was the Picasso Museum. I’ve discovered that I’m not a big Picasso fan as it turns out…there are other artists that appeal to me but I have pretty much no appreciation for Picasso’s work. Anyway, I’ve added some of my more interesting pictures and for those of you who are interested please check out my photo site and select the Barcelona album for the rest of the pics I took.


I’ll post again soon I’m sure but this weekend is thus far stacking up to be something quite fun so I might not have much time for sitting in front of the computer. Ok, I’m off to watch the episode of Grey’s Anatomy that I missed last week…

Ciao people…

LuLu

No comments: