Today…actually, by now, it’s yesterday…was Halloween! Perhaps my favorite holiday of them all, at least when I’m in the
Last year Halloween came and went without me giving it so much as a second thought; but, this year was different! I guess, the longer I’m here the more I miss at home (funny, I thought that wouldn’t be the case…)!
Anyway, this year we did lots of things in observation of this famous October day! We, actually I, carved a pumpkin…and I did a really good job, I think! (Well...except for needing to put the teeth back on with toothpicks!!)
The girls wanted to go trick-or-treating with some friends down the street so I helped them make their costumes from things they already owned. Girl aged 4 wanted to be a white cat so we made her some white ears and put her in an all white/cream outfit…job done! Girl aged 7 was a little bit harder but luckily her mom and dad have an amazing party cupboard filled with things which are left over from their pre-children days. She wanted to be a leopard so leopard we made her. We made ears and wrapped her in this animal print fabric I found…it was fantastic! I even was allowed to tag along for the trick-or-treating.
It was short lived, I’ll admit! Most people here had no idea they’d be getting little visitors tonight but most were also very gracious about it and came up with something to give. It was very nice and a Halloween I’ll never forget. The looks on their little faces when I painted on the whiskers was enough for me to do this every day of the year if they wanted! I’m so lucky to be part of their lives right now and I hope it’s something they will look back on fondly as well.
Ok, that’s it for now…that’s all I’ve got! I just crossed all the post subjects off my ‘to blog’ list and now I have a free head again to work on other things I’ve procrastinated on!
Miss you all heaps and heaps…
Speak to you soon…
LuLu

No comments:
Post a Comment