The rantings of an American girl living abroad in Switzerland...

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A New Love?

I’m afraid this post title might be slightly deceiving! No, I’m not involved with someone new…I have, in fact, found a new activity that love!

I moved to this part of the world almost 14 months ago and have been urged from day one to ‘explore the forest’ which is a short walk from my house. Even given my new found appreciation for hiking, this idea intimidated me quite a lot. I always think of the forest as a place where you can be lost forever and your body never recovered…a place where you encounter bears or wolves or other dangerous creatures…a place I NEVER wanted to visit! I’ve been curious, sure, but not enough to make the effort of putting on my runners, a jacket, and heading out the door in that direction.

On Sunday, though, I found myself in need of fresh air and somewhere I could go that would be quiet to clear my mind of everything and just be lost to the world. I definitely discovered the forest to be that place for me! The leaves are changing here now and they are the most vibrant colors of yellow, orange, and red. Just Lovely!! There are heaps of paths you can walk down and a few people to pass on your walk. It’s so peaceful and relaxing that I forget I’m walking and just enjoy the time.

Yesterday, I went on a walk there, again, this time with Girl Aged 4. She is so much fun! We picked up pretty leaves, sat on a bench and had our snacks, and then we made giant piles of leaves and kicked them all over the place. Needless to say we were both exhausted by the time we got back home. But, I’m already looking forward to my next journey into the lovely world of ‘The Forest’!

Well, that’s all I have for now…I’ve attached some pics you guys will hopefully enjoy. Girl Aged 4 took the ones of me…she’s a great photographer!!

I hope you all find your own peaceful place and have a wonderful week!

Much Love,

LuLu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was starting to wonder whether you had finally quit keeping your blog.

We always enjoy your stories.

I've been checking regularly to see if there are any new photos of the little girls.

Annett,Alex,Tim & Ainsley