This morning we woke up early to make our way to Marbella, via Ronda. We sat and had a lovely breakfast and the best coffee since we left Nerja. After a quick stop back at the apartment to pick up our things, we were on our way out of the city and soon up to the mountains.
The way to Ronda was through a lot of small two lane roads. Our inspiration for this out of the way stop was a picture on Pinterest - actually, our inspiration for much of this trip came from Pinterest. I've become quite a fan. The picture of Ronda was captivating and from the first moment I saw it I wanted to go there. Since we were going to be so close, it became a priority to see for all of us.
We were only there for a few hours. Truly, long enough to have lunch, walk around a bit and get our all important picture of the famous bridge. The bridge, called the new bridge but completed in the 1790's, links the two parts of the city which are on opposing cliffs divided by a gorge with a river running through it. To get the best pictures, we had to make our way down toward the gorge floor on a path that was not very well kept.
After racing around the city cameras a blazin', we made our way to the car for another few hours on our way to Marbella. We had no idea the mountain roads we would soon be on. They were curvy, nerve wracking, white knuckle inducing....it would have been best if I'd just slept the whole way, but I didn't. By the time we arrived in Marbella, all our nerves were shot and we were so happy to see the straight roads running along the beautiful coastline of the Costa del Sol.
Our host here in Marbella is the most kind older man. His son owns the flat but works in France so we were able to stay there at what we've now affectionately named Grandma's house. It smells like your grandma's house and is decorated the way you'd think granny would. We went down to the beach for a few moments to look around but Manda and Sara opted instead for the pool at our building and I am having a siesta in the flat. In a little bit, we are heading out to find dinner and then off to bed early tonight because tomorrow we are checking off another bucket list item - Gibraltar! Eeeeeekkkk.....so excited about tomorrow!
Stay tuned for that post - I think you won't want to miss it!
Until then,
LuLu


No comments:
Post a Comment