After that we made our way up to the cable car station. This required walking again through the cave and passing by the rock church. The views from the top were spectacular. Though it was a good day to leave as the clouds were beginning to roll in again.
The ride down was only a few minutes but I find it terrifying to come down from such a height while only suspended by cables. Still, it was cool to see from the air the full view of where we'd hiked up only days before.
We were not alone on the ride. There was an older couple who apparently found it amusing that two of the three of us were nervous during those minutes. Also, we rode down with, what I'm assuming was, fresh cows milk. I know it was milk and I assume it was from one or more of the cows brought up to graze in the mountain pastures during the summer. As a side note, I'm convinced that the cows in Switzerland are the luckiest and perhaps happiest in the world. I know, if I were a cow, it's where I'd want to live! Beautiful views from the alpine hillsides, entertainment from interaction with crazy hikers...really, what more could a cow want?!
When we returned again to the valley floor, we headed straight for the train station at Wasserauen for the journey back home. We only had hours to repack for Spain and clean up after 2+ days of hiking and no showers. Another adventure awaits....
Until then,
LuLu

No comments:
Post a Comment