
Sledding is so hard! I remember doing it as a kid but it’s just not the same here as with the ice/slush stuff we have back home. I’ll make this short because I’m positive that it’s quite boring to most people. At one point today, I was on a wooden sled (first experience with that) going down an icy/snowy road. I might also add that they’ve put up poles to mark where the road is in case of a big snow; I can only imagine this is to prevent people from driving into the farmer’s fields. Anyway…as you might have guessed I had some near misses with a few of these lovely poles and one of them resulted in me sliding on my bum for several feet on the ice. OUCH!! That’s gonna leave a mark!

Ok, I’ve also attached pictures of me sledding down the big hill (two empty lots) beside our house. Hum, it seems I’m no better on the plastic sleds either; I just can’t figure out how to turn or stop. Seems like those are fairly important things to know! I’m the tiny dot at the top of the first picture, the second is of me halfway down and partially coming out of the sled, and as you can see in the third picture I had managed to turn myself sideways in the sled. In the end I had more snow in the sled with me than was left on the hill and I had a near miss with a tree and running into several people. I do hope skiing goes more smoothly!

I’m leaving day after tomorrow really, REALLY early in the AM for Barcelona so I may not post again until I return.
Ciao for now!!
LuLu

1 comment:
I just want you to know that this made me laugh A LOT and has provoked me to use the word Bum more frequently again (remember in college we used it quite a bit?)
Anyhoo...jealous of the snow!!!! Miss your guts...only 2 more days at New Plan and then it's off to unemployment and uncertainty...YAY!!
Post a Comment