Hello all!!
As promised I’m updating about my Swiss birthday experience. It was a great day. I work up early and the girls helped me find my birthday table (a very special tradition in our house…). I had several presents and even some cards from home. I received a new pic of my niece which I’ve been really wanting for a while!

We dropped the girls off at school and then headed to Sihl City which is a new shopping center (much like a US mall) in Zurich. We spent some time there and then headed back home for lunch and bringing the girls home. It was a very leisurely day.

In the evening I had invited a friend over, from down the street, for a Raclette Dinner (very Swiss). In the end I was surprised to find that my friend Megz was also invited. We all had such a great time chatting over dinner, wine, and my oh so awesome tasting home-made devil’s food cake birthday cake. The girls and my host mom made the cake themselves and (as you can tell from the photo) it was perfect for me.

All in all it was such a wonderful day and it wasn’t weird at all (especially considering I’ve been so paranoid lately about how old I’m getting and how I’m older than all my friend here!!). I’m making this one short because I’ve got to write my Budapest post tonight as well. I’ve included photos in this post from my birthday and the pics of the girls birthday cakes which I promised in earlier posts. I’ll speak to you all again soon…

Much Love!!!
LuLu

No comments:
Post a Comment