The rantings of an American girl living abroad in Switzerland...

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Very Best Birthday Present…IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!

Hello All!!!

I’m back from Budapest and better than ever. I will definitely have plenty to say about that later but I can’t be bothered with it right now. I’m off to bed (a little bit early for me I must admit) because I’ve been informed that the girls will wake me early in the morning…it seems that’s a birthday tradition in to family to begin the special day. I’m very excited to see how tomorrow will be…my first Swiss birthday!!

The point of this post is to tell all of you about the very best birthday present…an unexpected one that just happened to occur tonight. My sister, Jen, called me for the usual catch-up on gossip from the community and family happenings and I could hear my niece, Whit, in the car as well jabbering away. She got on the phone with me and for the first time we had a sort of conversation…she said hello and bye bye and an assortment of other things that I couldn’t really make out…and then…near the end…SHE SAID MY NAME!!! Apparently she talks some to other family members about me but I’ve never heard her say my name. I left to move to Switzerland just a bit after her first birthday and I feel like I’ve missed so much of her growing up already. She’s probably the one thing I miss most from home so to hear her and know that she knows (sort of) who I am means A LOT to me!!

Ok…I’m off to bed but I just had to share this special moment with everyone. I’ll update really soon about my Budapest trip and also I’m going to work on getting my pics online from Budapest (and also Triberg…yes I know…I’ve been lazy!!).

Have a great evening everyone!!

LuLu

No comments: