Hello all!!
So sorry I haven’t written in a while. To be completely honest I’ve not been motivated to blog at all. Sure I’ve done a lot of things lately worth posting about, but I have been a bit out of sorts and just didn’t feel like sharing much with anyone. Truthfully I’m still not in a place where I feel like being the chatty blogger but I feel that if I didn’t force myself to start again it could be quite a while before I’m “in the mood…”
Ok…where to start…ok…the normal awkward conversation topic is of course weather. I could write heaps about this lately. The weather has been soooo weird. I mean…what’s today…the second day of spring?!?! I can say that it has snowed every day of spring this year here in Zurich. I moved to Switzerland and expected tons and TONS of snow…none really…until now. It has snowed more in the last 4 days than it has since I moved here. Hum…and the really strange thing is that I can wake up to really clear weather, an hour later it’s snowing like mad and the whole place is completely covered and then 10 min later the sun is out again melting everything away and then the process begins again. I’m told this is typical weather for this time of year…but…hum…weird!!!
Moving on…did you know that March is the month for all great birthdays?! It’s true. Of course there’s mine but also the two little girls I live with…girl aged 6 is now 7 and girl aged 3 is now...you guessed it…4. The really strange thing is that first is one birthday then eight days later another and then eight days later mine. We are all basically a week apart. So, to correspond with this phenomenon we have had two family birthday parties in less than a week. By the by…that’s a lot of screaming kids running around!!! I should know…I was here…also it means ALOT of cakes and cupcakes to bake. Hum…I think I might throw up if I see any more chocolate…at least that’s what I said several times before I shoved a chocolate cupcake in my mouth at the kindergarten! Seriously though…the cakes for the actual parties were quite a work of art (of course that’s because I didn’t make them at all!!). I will be following up with posts of the cake pictures. They really are so beautiful.
Well, a little over a day and I’m headed to Budapest for my birthday trip. I am so excited about seeing this city. I’ve been told by a good friend that it was her favorite city in Europe and I hold that opinion quite high. We’ll see…I’ll post when I get home and let you know how it went.
Lastly but not least by far I have a request for all my readers. My mother called today and informed me that my great grandfather is in the hospital in very bad shape. Please keep my family in your thoughts as his condition is not looking very hopeful. He’s been sick for quite some time but this is never a good situation to endure as a family. Hopefully whatever the outcome we will be able to make peace with it all.
I love you all and please be patient with me as I attempt to get over this whatever that’s making me not want to post to the blog or be social.
Talk to you all again soon…
LuLu
The rantings of an American girl living abroad in Switzerland...
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh no! What is wrong with Papa?? I will definitely be praying for him!!! I love you!
Hi...sorry to alarm you...it's not Papa. It's my other great grandfather in TX. The one that Jen and I spent summers with growing up. He's been in a nursing home for a few weeks/months now and he's developed a problem where bile is leaking into his body. They were doing another surgery today to try and find out what's the issue but he's really week and not well so even the surgery is risky. I'll let you know!!! I love you too...soooo sorry I haven't written lately...so many things to do. Miss your guts man!!!
Post a Comment