This morning I was walking around the house doing some miscellaneous things when I decided to go up and make a coffee. As I stood in the kitchen waiting on the machine, I realized it was 10AM…it means that fairly soon the daily Delta non-stop bound for Atlanta would be taking off. (It’s a big thing for me b/c it’s the only one I recognize and can say definitely where it’s headed…the rest of the family can say…oh there’s blah, blah and they are headed for dah, dah…I never know those…only the ATL bound Delta at 10AM) As it turns out, my house has a great view of the runways at Zurich airport so I stood by the window and watched this plane take off headed for the States. Inevitably when I’m able to watch the plane bound for Atlanta take off I wonder how different my life would be if I just went home right now. I always think…less than half a day and that’s all it would take to get me back to GA. It’s strange for me to think that I’m across and ocean and on a different continent but all it takes is roughly half a day…weird…
I digress…back to the point…every time I have this passing thought something in the back of my mind keeps quietly repeating…”but, you’re not finished with Europe yet…” and I know this is most definitely true. Tomorrow will mark my 4 month anniversary here in Switzerland and I’ve seen a lot so far…but every time I think about how there is only 8 more months left in this year contract I start to panic about all the things I haven’t seen. My girlfriends and I have started making plans and looking up prices on tons of places we want to see before this year is out.
This has already been the most fabulous experience I’ve ever had and I know that few things in life will ever come close. I can say for sure that even if I went home tomorrow it was all worth the decision for me to come here in the first place. As it turns out I plan to take every opportunity I come across to stay here as long as possible. I’m even open to the possibility of a more permanent job if it comes along.
Ok, enough of the ranting…just as an update, I don’t think I’ve shared this previously; I am leaving for Barcelona, Spain in just over two weeks. I plan to spend 4 ½ days there with Jase and BP on another whirlwind adventure where we are sure to come home with some gorgeous pictures and yet again more unbelievable stories…
Have a fabulous day!!
Your Swiss Friend…LuLu
The rantings of an American girl living abroad in Switzerland...
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This post should have been named "I'm in Europe and you're not...nana nana boo boo!!!" heee hee hee
Well, I did think about that name but I thought it would look like I was rubbing it in...and isn't that basically what the whole blog itself is for?!
as it turns out i am not finsiihed with europe yet either and i cant wait to see it all with you and more! enough talking about these trips though lets book and make it a reality. im so glad that we are in this together because i have told you this a number of times but i wouldnt have stayed here if it wasnt for you xoxox
Post a Comment