The rantings of an American girl living abroad in Switzerland...

Sunday, January 21, 2007

It’s good to try new things!!

One of my personal rules of life was tested last night. I have always said that I’d try any new food once as long as it wasn’t still living. Hum, I guess I’ve never really tested this by eating weird things until now and last night, as I stated this rule of mine to my host dad with pride, internally I said to myself…”can I really eat this?!?!”. The food, my dear friends, was horse. I was aware that some people throughout the world, and in Switzerland, ate horse; however, until last night there was no mention that it was eaten at all in this house. Hum, I have no problems with the idea but I wasn’t sure if I could actually do it! Well, I’m sure by now you’ve guessed that I did try it. Tastes like…um…steak. I know, I know…it’s common to say when asked…that it tastes like chicken…but this…this was a lot like steak. In fact, I’ll go so far as to say if you put a similar cut steak in front of me and the horse I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. Hum, so, I tried it, I’d eat it again, and it didn’t kill me!! Good news right…yep…so I’m really proud of myself for sticking to my policy of trying everything once.

Ok…enough of that…on to other news that I know I’ve already reported…I’m going to Barcelona. In fact, this time next week I’ll be there with BP and Jase!! Yay…we are doing some last minute things to secure a place to stay etc. and I’ve been heavily reading my new Let’s Go Western Europe 2007 guidebook for what we need to see while there. One other comment…MY HOST MOM’S HOME!!! Yay… I know everyone, especially the girls, have missed her tremendously, so it’s a very happy day in this Swiss house!

Ok, I’m sure I’ll update again before going.

Miss you guys!!

LuLu

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh horse ain't that bad! even i've had horse!

LuLu said...

Yay...a fellow horse eater. Hum, I felt awkward at first, I guess because in the States it's an animal known more for it's beauty...but it was ok...a little strange (the experience, not the taste) but ok!