The rantings of an American girl living abroad in Switzerland...

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

So I have problems…Yes, I am aware of that…

As most of you have probably guessed by now, I never regained the thoughts lost last night about the perfect blog! I have an idea about why that is though…it has come to my attention that I am super smart! So, it isn’t any wonder I lose thoughts because my brain is constantly working overtime…I’m stuffing all this German junk into it and on top of that my travel worries on where to go and what to see…Hehe…so you all hate me now right?! Quatch (that’s for you Megz and Manda)!!!

So, the real topic of my post today is my addictive personality. It seems I have a lot of problems with things that can become aholic issues. No, smarty pants, I’m not referring to alcohol! As most of you know, I am a top notch procrastinator. What would my life be like without procrastination?!?! Well, I’m fairly positive that it would be a lot less hectic if I’d just do things when I should! So tonight, as I sit here attempting to procrastinate writing this post, I turned to one of my two most useful tools for procrastination…the first of course is sleep…I love to sleep…I’m definitely a sleepaholic... however, tonight’s tool of choice is Snood.

It worked well in college when I should have been writing papers. It’s a computer game for all you who don’t know… it’s FABULOUS and very addicting!! I can play for hours on end and I’m convinced the only thing you can gain from it is carpal tunnel in your wrist…but anyways…So, as I sit and play this game I keep thinking, “Ok, I’ll play one more game and then I’ll get started…” That one game is inevitable followed by 23,435 more games in that one sitting (CandyCane I know you have a comment about this)… AAAHHH!!!

Well, tonight as I thought that after every game I came to realize that I am completely under the control of this game…my brain is mush when I play it and I lose all track of time! I’m a Snoodaholic!!! In addition to this, I started thinking about what else I have aholic tendencies toward...well, I already mentioned sleep but we can’t forget shopaholic, chocoholic, travelaholic (ok, so I’m not so sure that’s a thing but it is where I’m concerned), shoeaholic, foodaholic, craftaholic (yes, I admit this is somewhat embarrassing but I do really, REALLY like to do crafts) etc, etc…you get the drift…

I’ve decided that this isn’t necessarily the worst thing in the world. Yes, I suppose it can be a problem sometimes but it simply means that I put all of myself into the things I enjoy. What can be so bad about that??

Alright…this has essentially been a post about nothing; however, since I had no better material I hope you won’t hold that against me…

Auf Wiedersehen…

LuLu

No comments: